OUGD602  STUDIO BRIEF 1 |

DUST





























On the 20th March I attended the opening night of Drew Millward's new exhibition at Colours May Vary. 

I have been following Drew's work for the past couple of years and absolutely love it. He has such a unique style and is probably one of the most notable illustrators in Leeds. 





Hey look its me 



























It was crazy to see how well a turn out Drew got, and the fact people were queuing outside the door to buy his work must have meant he went home a very happy little man. 

The event inspired me so much and has made me really really want to do something similar of my own one day - obviously when my practice has improved and I have gained somewhat of a following - but one day it will happen. One day! 

Unfortunately I did not get chance to chat with Drew as I think every other person there was trying to as well, but I did get introduced to the Hungry Sandwich Club, the up an coming duo who graduated from our course last year. 

I found it really good to have a talk with Andy and Martin, partly because they had just come from being in the same shoes I am in now, and also because it turns out they are not as confident as you'd expect. I have always had problems with confidence, especially when it comes to this industry and being a 'professional'. Meeting these guys who have their own business/are working in the industry, and realising they aren't on that much of a higher level than me, made me feel much better and relaxed about the whole situation and the future. It was kind of a confidence booster in itself. 

I also saw one of the guys from 'Design Something More', who had recently set a live brief for us at college, and it was nice to know that they couldn't give two shits about talking to you when they are not getting payed for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment